Annual renewal of registration to AHPR is on 1st July in 2022. Any applications received from 1st January 2022 will be eligible for a 25% discount. This means that anyone applying for direct entry to the register between 1st January and 30th June will pay the £40 application fee followed by £20 registration fee.
Animal Hydrotherapy ONLY: If the course you completed is not accredited by AHPR you will need to apply by Recognition of Prior Learning / Experiential Learning (RPL / RPEL).
If the course you completed is accredited by AHPR you can apply by direct entry (https://www.ahpr.org.uk/accredited-courses).
- Complete the Direct Entry Application form which can be found on (https://www.ahpr.org.uk/applying).
- Make sure you tick the CPD box on the application form unless you have newly qualified in the last year. AHPR will carry out audits of CPD.
- Along with the application form you will need to submit your qualification certificate (if this is not immediately available a transcript showing the award can be submitted but a certificate will need to be sent once you have one).
- Also send a copy of your liability insurance certificate.
- If you have been qualified for more than one year you will need to submit an up-to-date Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted through the post will take longer to process.
- Make a payment of £40 to AHPR by BACS (details are on the application form)
- We aim to process all direct entry applications within 10 working days of receipt of the application and all required supporting documentation and fee.
NB. All applicants to the Veterinary Physiotherapy subgroup who qualified July 2017 onwards will need to complete the Professional Development Phase (more information can be obtained from email@example.com ).
Once the application is approved the Registrar will contact you requesting payment of the remainder of the annual Registration fee.
If you wish to apply to more than one subgroup (by either direct or RPL/RPEL entry) a discount will be applied. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If your application is not successful and you wish to appeal the decision you can make an appeal. You can find the appeals process here: AHPR Appeals Process.
Thereafter the normal annual registration fee applies irrespective of the number of subgroups you are registered with.